March 9th, 2022
Also, as I promised
nearly two years ago, the layout is now displaying properly in Safari and Chrome!
I may be going back and revising the code of many of my sites in the coming months. If anything happens to be down for a day, that will be why! The process will likely be a long and arduous one, but, as always, all progress will be logged here. Thank you for your patience!
Edit: Further revisions were made to the layout to fix the default PHP Guestbook text in the footer. It's a small thing, but one that I've been meaning to do for a while!
Updates — A surprise new layout! I may go back and edit things a bit more, but at least this updates log has a proper layout now, haha. As with my contacts page, this layout was made to compliment my domain layout.
March 4th, 2022
February 23rd, 2022
However, this may have caused some images to break. I'll be doing a more thorough look through my sites to make sure everything is working well. Feel free to let me know if anything seems amiss!
September 2nd, 2021
I removed a great chunk of the old content
since it was embarrassing and adjusted whatever was left. There are some broken links that I still have to fix, including the affiliates. Admittedly, part of me is reluctant to do away with the section since there's something quite nostalgic about seeing the old buttons of old fanlistings. I can hardly believe it's been more than ten years since I've opened the site!
I also changed the URL from http://lost-boy.org/kokoro to http://lost-boy.org/kk. The length of it was bothering me for a while now, so I decided to finally address it, haha. The update form was sent to AFL today.
September 1st, 2021
Legacies — I just realized that I forgot to add the font Bellatrix to the CSS so that it'd actually show up for everyone, regardless of whether it's installed or not. The menu links should be displayed properly now. Apologies!
July 3rd, 2021
Polaris — The fanlisting for Kaeya Alberich of Genshin Impact is open! I still have a lot of content to add, such as basic information about the character and website, but the fanlisting-related links are all working.
Legacies — Black Sails was a huge wishlist of mine, and I'm delighted to have it now in my care. Over the years, I've considered making shrines to one or two characters of the series, but, after rewatching it so many times, I'm considering just making a general essay hub of sorts instead. I have a layout and format in mind, but all of it will take some time... Not to mention I still have to write up all the content, haha.
The fanlisting portion is up, however, though the layout is tentative. I have a better design in mind, but, again, it'll take me some time to make and implement!
I'm quite happy with my small collection of fanlistings, so I probably won't be applying for anything new in the near future! Instead, I'll be putting my energy into improving the sites that have already been built.
April 14th, 2021
Aside from all that, I have one fanlisting in the works and another that I applied for recently! I'm also hoping to revamp And they shall fall with a new layout, hence why the styling on the audio player is a bit... rough to say the least, haha.
January 29th, 2021
July 3rd, 2020
lost-boy.org — After four years, the domain has a new look! It was released a few days ago on June 26th, but I refrained from making a post about it until I was sure I had everything the way I liked it. (There's only one small script tweak I'd like to make, but that can wait.) I also wanted to make a new layout for this lil updates log as well, but I'm still figuring out how I'd like to format everything, so hopefully it'll come at a later date!
The new version was very unexpected. As I mentioned in my last update, I had every intention of making a new layout for Dorian, but alas! Somehow that project morphed into this instead. If you'd like, you can learn more about the layout here. Also, a million thanks to the sweet Masao for helping me figure out that little header bug. ILU!
I wanted to unveil the new layout along with at least one new completed project, but after all the time and tears I put into this design, I honestly just went, "OH WELL," and decided to release it to the world early. A part of me feels kind of bad that I only have a new layout yet no new shrine content to speak of. I really wanted to release everything together, but as I work more on this project, I realize it's going to take me a lot longer than I thought.
Regardless, although I don't have any new content shrine-wise, I did revise and reorganize the domain, doing some general cleanup and edits here and there. Most of these changes are behind the scenes work, which are probably not very obvious, but are kind of a big deal to me BECAUSE I'M LAZY.
- You may or may not have noticed that the domain's previous layout is still accessible! I've overhauled the entire CSS of version two, adding an additional stylesheet to contain all the important stuff so that I could remove all of that nonsense from the others. In short, it's cleaner and SO MUCH EASIER for me to read and make changes. Who the hell allowed me to code it like that in the first place??!! (... ME...) It was something I'd been meaning to do for a long time, but never got around to actually doing, especially once the layout was actually live. I'm glad that mess is all taken care of, though it's a shame it took a new layout to make it happen, aha...
- That being said, who knew all the @font-face stuff had to go at the very top of the stylesheet? Not me! (I KNOW...) I learned this after I was looking at the layout on mobile and realized some fonts weren't loading properly! I went and edited all of the CSS of my other sites, so if any fonts made you pause and go, "Why the heck is this font being used?" it should all be fixed! (Or maybe that's still a very valid question, LBR...)
- Since the domain has two layouts now, that meant I had to reorganize some files so I could do some PHP include magic. We all know I'm lazy, and I'm just not going to get it together to edit multiple pages whenever I want to change something, okay!
- In About, I made minor edits to the domain section, but much of the original content was retained—surprisingly! As I noted in my layout blurb, the new look was supposed to be a one-page layout, but I figured out pretty quickly that it would be a hot mess to work everything around this monster text wall. It's funny because I was looking forward to paring down this section, only to do almost nothing to it in the end?! And somehow that very decision lead to starting the entire layout over so that it became three pages??!! Maybe now I'll finally learn that one-page domain layouts are not to be for me...
- I did, however, make heavy edits to the about me section, removing some needless info and condensing it all to better reflect my current interests. While some things were removed, I did add some stuff! Like pictures! How shiny! I still have one more I'd like to add, but other than that, it's all there. The lovely gifts page was combined with this section as well!
- The projects page was removed. I took it down a while back because I was honestly feeling self-conscious about all those ideas being up while not making actual progress on any of them. Initially, I intended to overhaul it, but it felt silly to make pretty images and do all that work for stuff I wasn't even sure would exist in the end. My listography has always contained that info anyway, and it just makes sense to keep it all in one area—especially since it's easily manageable there!
- Some fanlisting images were changed! I just wanted to be sure the images would look okay in both layouts, but some definitely needed new ones for sure! As far as fanlistings go, I might close a few more since as I'd like to narrow the focus of my domain a bit. Anything that I close will be found in this new category I created in my joined fanlistings. As it says, feel free to hit me up if you'd like the old members list of anything there!
- Speaking of the Joined page, I removed dead links and moved my joined fanlistings onto the same page. I literally have no idea why I kept my joined fanlistings separately for so long, though I suspect it's because I was being silly and forgot I could just add it in normally like any other PHP include. WOW @ self. So silly!
- All of my links have been cleaned up, too, and??? I finally put them in actual CSS columns so that I no longer have to shift everything around myself. Tables begone! Unfortunately, the columns look a bit wonky in Chrome and Safari, but... you know what? I'll live. (I'll try to fix it, though! Promise!) I also added some new links. Please feel free to let me know if I missed you! There was a lot of random shifting around, so I'm not surprised if anyone got lost. ; o;
- I've begun to slowly—very, very slowly—make new link back buttons. I've wanted to improve my button-making skills for a while now and be more creative with it, so this is my approach at the moment! I'm also considering retiring the old ones, but to be honest, there's so few, it's really not a big deal for me to keep them up. I will say, however, that I think? It's time to let go??? Of that dreaded size 88x31! I propose a small meeting to discuss potential new sizes! (Please... help me not suffer over 88x31 pixels...)
I think that's everything, but if not, I'll be sure to either edit it in or mention it in the next update!
It's quite interesting how June and the summer months in general seem to be when I'm most productive with my sites. As I was working on version three, I felt a sense of déjà vu and, sure enough, version two was released on June 17, 2016, haha. Maybe some sort of magic happens every leap year, who knows? Anyways, thanks for reading through this monstrosity! I hope to make another update soon with a finished project. (Again, hopefully!)
June 14th, 2020
A Thousand Years of Dreams — The fanlisting for Lost Odyssey is now open! It's the newest addition to the family, which prompted me to finally dust off this humble update log. This was an absolute monstrosity of a layout that is the product of 5-6 days of straight coding/Photoshop shenanigans, and I never want to touch it again. Well, I still need to make some tweaks and double-check things, so I will have to eventually. BUT FOR NOW, I'M GOING TO BED.
Daybreak — I was approved for the Legolas fanlisting back last November, and... hastily put it all together a month after—the very day it was due. (I KNOW.) The layout is still temporary. I hope to get something more elaborate up, as I'd like to turn this into a shrine one day!
I've been feeling a bit inspired lately, so I'm hoping I can channel this energy into making a much needed new layout for Dorian. ; A;