April 14th, 2021
Aside from all that, I have one fanlisting in the works and another that I applied for recently! I'm also hoping to revamp And they shall fall with a new layout, hence why the styling on the audio player is a bit... rough to say the least, haha.
January 29th, 2021
July 3rd, 2020
lost-boy.org — After four years, the domain has a new look! It was released a few days ago on June 26th, but I refrained from making a post about it until I was sure I had everything the way I liked it. (There's only one small script tweak I'd like to make, but that can wait.) I also wanted to make a new layout for this lil updates log as well, but I'm still figuring out how I'd like to format everything, so hopefully it'll come at a later date!
The new version was very unexpected. As I mentioned in my last update, I had every intention of making a new layout for Dorian, but alas! Somehow that project morphed into this instead. If you'd like, you can learn more about the layout here. Also, a million thanks to the sweet Masao for helping me figure out that little header bug. ILU!
I wanted to unveil the new layout along with at least one new completed project, but after all the time and tears I put into this design, I honestly just went, "OH WELL," and decided to release it to the world early. A part of me feels kind of bad that I only have a new layout yet no new shrine content to speak of. I really wanted to release everything together, but as I work more on this project, I realize it's going to take me a lot longer than I thought.
Regardless, although I don't have any new content shrine-wise, I did revise and reorganize the domain, doing some general cleanup and edits here and there. Most of these changes are behind the scenes work, which are probably not very obvious, but are kind of a big deal to me BECAUSE I'M LAZY.
- You may or may not have noticed that the domain's previous layout is still accessible! I've overhauled the entire CSS of version two, adding an additional stylesheet to contain all the important stuff so that I could remove all of that nonsense from the others. In short, it's cleaner and SO MUCH EASIER for me to read and make changes. Who the hell allowed me to code it like that in the first place??!! (... ME...) It was something I'd been meaning to do for a long time, but never got around to actually doing, especially once the layout was actually live. I'm glad that mess is all taken care of, though it's a shame it took a new layout to make it happen, aha...
- That being said, who knew all the @font-face stuff had to go at the very top of the stylesheet? Not me! (I KNOW...) I learned this after I was looking at the layout on mobile and realized some fonts weren't loading properly! I went and edited all of the CSS of my other sites, so if any fonts made you pause and go, "Why the heck is this font being used?" it should all be fixed! (Or maybe that's still a very valid question, LBR...)
- Since the domain has two layouts now, that meant I had to reorganize some files so I could do some PHP include magic. We all know I'm lazy, and I'm just not going to get it together to edit multiple pages whenever I want to change something, okay!
- In About, I made minor edits to the domain section, but much of the original content was retained—surprisingly! As I noted in my layout blurb, the new look was supposed to be a one-page layout, but I figured out pretty quickly that it would be a hot mess to work everything around this monster text wall. It's funny because I was looking forward to paring down this section, only to do almost nothing to it in the end?! And somehow that very decision lead to starting the entire layout over so that it became three pages??!! Maybe now I'll finally learn that one-page domain layouts are not to be for me...
- I did, however, make heavy edits to the about me section, removing some needless info and condensing it all to better reflect my current interests. While some things were removed, I did add some stuff! Like pictures! How shiny! I still have one more I'd like to add, but other than that, it's all there. The lovely gifts page was combined with this section as well!
- The projects page was removed. I took it down a while back because I was honestly feeling self-conscious about all those ideas being up while not making actual progress on any of them. Initially, I intended to overhaul it, but it felt silly to make pretty images and do all that work for stuff I wasn't even sure would exist in the end. My listography has always contained that info anyway, and it just makes sense to keep it all in one area—especially since it's easily manageable there!
- Some fanlisting images were changed! I just wanted to be sure the images would look okay in both layouts, but some definitely needed new ones for sure! As far as fanlistings go, I might close a few more since as I'd like to narrow the focus of my domain a bit. Anything that I close will be found in this new category I created in my joined fanlistings. As it says, feel free to hit me up if you'd like the old members list of anything there!
- Speaking of the Joined page, I removed dead links and moved my joined fanlistings onto the same page. I literally have no idea why I kept my joined fanlistings separately for so long, though I suspect it's because I was being silly and forgot I could just add it in normally like any other PHP include. WOW @ self. So silly!
- All of my links have been cleaned up, too, and??? I finally put them in actual CSS columns so that I no longer have to shift everything around myself. Tables begone! Unfortunately, the columns look a bit wonky in Chrome and Safari, but... you know what? I'll live. (I'll try to fix it, though! Promise!) I also added some new links. Please feel free to let me know if I missed you! There was a lot of random shifting around, so I'm not surprised if anyone got lost. ; o;
- I've begun to slowly—very, very slowly—make new link back buttons. I've wanted to improve my button-making skills for a while now and be more creative with it, so this is my approach at the moment! I'm also considering retiring the old ones, but to be honest, there's so few, it's really not a big deal for me to keep them up. I will say, however, that I think? It's time to let go??? Of that dreaded size 88x31! I propose a small meeting to discuss potential new sizes! (Please... help me not suffer over 88x31 pixels...)
I think that's everything, but if not, I'll be sure to either edit it in or mention it in the next update!
It's quite interesting how June and the summer months in general seem to be when I'm most productive with my sites. As I was working on version three, I felt a sense of déjà vu and, sure enough, version two was released on June 17, 2016, haha. Maybe some sort of magic happens every leap year, who knows? Anyways, thanks for reading through this monstrosity! I hope to make another update soon with a finished project. (Again, hopefully!)
November 11th, 2019
For those with a substantial number of fans, I'm still tinkering around with some different ideas! Fanlistings that have multiple fields (ie. The Book Thief) are still being fiddled around with in the background as well. Aside from display changes, I'm also considering using Enthusiast to maintain any fanlisting affiliates instead of manually adding them myself.
All of this is done in preparation for a new upcoming fanlisting! The sooner I clean up some structures and codes, the easier it will be for me to attain some uniformity, especially when it comes to sites that need new layouts and CSS cleanups.
November 10th, 2019
I was able to move over all of my entries! Hopefully I'll be able to put up a new layout for this space, but in the meantime, excuse the bareness and any mess you might stumble across.
November 7th, 2019
Recent events compelled me to finally make the big move, but before I set all of that up, I think it's best to give the huge update now.
lost-boy.org — Troubles with my former host popped up suddenly late Saturday / early Sunday, and after doing a bit more background research of my own, I decided it was time to move to a new host. I'm eternally thankful to Lysianthus for taking me under her wing! If you are looking for a new, affordable home to move your sites to, I highly recommend Leprd and Masao's Teacake.
The move went smoothly for the most part, even though it took a while to upload all of my files! My backup was from two months ago, but everything that was lost has since been restored. Any kinks and loose ends (broken characters, etc.) will hopefully be caught and fixed in the coming days. Feel free to let me know if you spot anything wonky!
Eternal thanks to Aku, for managing to grab my online TCG logs from a cached version of my trade post, Megan and Masao for encouraging and helping me when the blackout happened. Thank you all for looking out for me; it means so much.
I've edited portions of the main domain as well, revising and moving things here and there. Domain was updated to reflect the recent move, and I also edited the blurb about the domain's name to align with my current feelings towards Peter Pan. I'll consider doing a fuller revision of all the writing at a later date; I'm pretty content with what I have right now.
Bloom — I adopted the fanlisting for Yu Yu Hakusho's Kurama/Yoko Kurama from sweet Delphine! Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to care for it. Yu Yu Hakusho was one of my first anime/manga series, and Kurama was... um, my first fictional crush. To have a small dedication to him on my domain means a lot to me—e-especially little Andrea! ( /)u(\ )
Dear Happiness — I've modified how the members are displayed in both this fanlisting and Kurama's. I'll consider doing the same to my other fanlistings, especially ones that I need to make new layouts for!
Reprise — I updated the site to Fancybox3. All of the fanlisting portions of the site (Join, Members, Update) now open in a Fanybox frame instead of a new page. Given how sparse those pages are, I didn't think it was necessary to have them be linked that way. I've also updated all of the external YouTube links to working videos.
New wind — The fanlisting for FTISLAND was closed back in May. I still love the band and their music, but my feelings nevertheless remain in a complex spot right now. I decided it was time to let go for the moment. Perhaps one day I will reopen it!
That's it so far, I think! I hope to be able to do more housekeeping very soon, including a new layout for this updates blog
and modifying the way the members list is displayed for certain fanlistings done!. On a related note, I applied for one recently, so hopefully that will be included in a future update as well!
Thank you again for all the help and kind words I received during the domain's move. I'm happy this lost boy has found a new home.
March 3rd, 2017
Easy Breezy —The site won Amassment's Shrine Spotlight for February 2017! It was certainly a surprise on my part, but it motivates me now more than ever to complete the shrine and do Makoto justice. Thank you!
February 14th, 2017
Unsung — The fanlisting for Dorian Pavus from Dragon Age: Inquisition is now open! I've waited far too long for this wonderful man to get a fanlisting, so... I've decided to open it myself. To be honest, the layout is awful, so hopefully I'll replace it with something better or will find a way to tweak it to my liking. I wanted to get it up as soon as possible, however, so that I can be free to work on other projects I have in mind without worrying about an impending deadline.
December 26th, 2016
Messy, contradictory and true — The emotions fanlisting also received new codes alongside a brand new layout. Thank you so much, Shinju! YOUR GIFTS ARE INCREDIBLE, AAAAAAAAHHHHH. Thank you again for being such an awesome Secret Santa. ( /)/////( )
June 17th, 2016
First, there's a fresh new layout over at the domain featuring some lovely scans the super cool Lethe sent me! I've been trying to make something out of this particular scan since forever, so hopefully I did it justice! The very first layout of the domain will forever be remembered in the domain's guestbook, which I've also decided to release today after hiding it for so long, haha. I'm not sure how much activity it will see, but it's there if you'd like to leave a comment!
I was also approved for the fanlisting for Ichimaru Gin by AnimeFanlistings.com a while back, but refrained from sharing it here because I wanted to get a shrine up along with it. Unfortunately, it's been pushed back due to time constraints and some deadlines, but it's something that will definitely appear in the future.
I've also been approved for the fanlisting for my favorite director, Wong Kar-Wai, by TheFanlistings.org which I'm super happy about. Again, due to time constraints, I'll probably only be able to get the fanlisting portion of the site out, but hopefully I'll find time to work on it once one of my major projects is finished!
Speaking of fanlistings, the appropriate fanlistings have had their links to AnimeFanlistings.org updated to AnimeFanlistings.com. If I missed one, though, feel free to tell me!
A new layout for my online TCG trading post is also in the works. I'll update accordingly once it's finished!